The Foundation Short in Organic Marine
We took our beloved silhouette inspired by WWII military chinos and lopped off the legs—what’s left may just be our favorite set of shorts to date. The Foundation Short is cast in a substantial organic cotton twill that’s been given a thorough garment wash for lived-in softness. Two slash front pockets, a low-profile coin pocket, and unbeatable YKK hardware finish out the package. When it comes to the perfect summer wardrobe, it pays to build on solid ground.
The characteristically tight weave and mercerized yarns of this reverse-engineered military chino fabric results in a smooth hand feel and improved durability over your average chino, while a garment dye and wash ensures a broken-in feel from the very first wear. And as you put The Foundation Short through the wringer (we recommend wearing them hard and often) they’ll develop some beautiful patina, adding a touch of personal nuance to your laid back summer fit.
- 8-oz. 100% organic cotton.
- 5-oz. 100% organic cotton herringbone pocketing.
- Garment dyed and washed for a vintage feel.
- Front slash pockets allow easy entry into pockets.
- Low profile welt coin pocket inset into waistband.
- Two back welt pockets.
- 4 hole vintage military style button at waistband.
- YKK zipper fly.
- Bound fly and outseam.
- 8" inseam.
- Wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Made in China.
- Model is 6'2", wearing size 31.