The Ojai Jacket in Washed Indigo Sashiko
At the intersection of art and utility, you’ll find The Ojai Jacket in Washed Indigo Sashiko. Not only does the traditional Japanese Sashiko stitch pattern beautify The Ojai, it bolsters it; adding additional durability from within. It’s a technique that’s been in practice for over four hundred years, and its distinctive interplay of indigo and white will fade beautifully as you carry on that tradition for some years of your own. Outfitted with an array of useful pockets and finished with beautiful ring-back horn buttons, The Ojai Jacket in Washed Indigo Sashiko is sure to turn a few heads. Just try not to let all the new attention distract you from the task at hand, this piece was made to work, after all.
Coming into practice in Japan as far back as the 1600s, sashiko embroidery was originally applied to clothing out of a practical need, strengthening the homespun clothes of olden times. The Ojai Jacket in Washed Indigo Sashiko builds on that heritage by using 100% organic cotton and Responsible materials throughout. At 9-oz, it’s the perfect weight to throw over a t-shirt in the warmer months, or use as a mid-layer when winter rolls in, so it’s likely to stay in your heavy rotation season after season. Sturdy double needle felled construction and bar tack reinforcement on every pocket ensures it’ll still be your daily driver when those seasons turn to decades.
- 9-oz. 100% organic cotton indigo sashiko.
- Sashiko fabric will fade beautifully with each wear.
- Washed for a soft, lived-in feel.
- Bone horn ring-back buttons with brass pin and rings.
- Single chest pocket with pen slot.
- Two lower patch pockets feature top and side entry.
- All pockets bar-tacked at stress points.
- Double-needle stitching throughout.
- Wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Made in China.