The Mechanic Shirt in Slate Herringbone
The Mechanic Shirt is what we imagine when we think of the perfect work shirt. It’s not something you have to second guess when you’re getting ready in the morning, and it’s built to survive a full day plus overtime. We’ve made some tweaks to the formula over the years—it’s now made with 100% organic cotton, for example—but the central premise remains unchanged: when there’s a job to be done, grab The Mechanic.
This mid-weight 100% organic cotton is soft and sturdy, and we’ve given it a wash to enhance its texture and give it a lived-in feel right out of the box. Speaking of texture, by now you’ve no doubt noticed the extraordinary herringbone weave that lends this iteration of The Mechanic its jaw-dropping visual impact. It looks incredible in the photos, but just wait until you have it in hand.
- 7.5-oz. 100% organic cotton.
- Intricate herringbone pattern.
- Washed for a soft, lived-in feel.
- Signature California collar.
- Metal powder coated buttons.
- Double needle construction throughout.
- Double stitched buttons and buttonholes.
- Tailored fit and high armhole.
- No pleats for easy ironing and clean lines.
- Wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Made in China.
- Model is 6'2", wearing a size Medium.