The Slim Jean in Nihon Menpu Selvage
We sourced this exceptionally soft, sturdy selvage denim from Japan’s revered Nihon Menpu mill, and brought our characteristically meticulous eye to the fit and construction to create a truly exceptional pair of jeans. Weighing in at 14-oz., this Made in America edition of The Slim Jean is a touch heavier than our typical offerings, but it offers the same feature set you’ve come to expect, including rugged YKK hardware, custom SF map print pocketing and our signature leather patch on the waistband. They’ll only get better as you break ‘em in, so don’t hold back.
Nihon Menpu, which has been in operation since the 1920s, is one of Japan’s most legendary textile mills. Headquartered in Ibara, Okayama, on the southern tip of Japan’s largest island, they’re most widely known for producing some of the finest denim in the world. Their decades of expertise are plainly evident in this 14-oz. selvage denim, which is built right here in the USA from a blend of soft cotton and sturdy hemp and boasts some amazing texture. This iteration of The Slim Jean looks and feels fantastic right out of the box, but after a couple of wears and washes you'll really start to understand why Japanese denim is in such high demand.
- 14-oz. 58% cotton, 42% hemp.
- Nihon Menpu selvage denim.
- 5-oz. 100% cotton pocketing.
- Slim fit, narrower than our Democratic fit through the thigh and calf.
- Medium rise with shape to keep the back waistband against your skin and some extra space to accommodate the boys.
- Button fly.
- Leather patch on backside of waistband.
- YKK copper shanks and rivets.
- Custom San Francisco map pocketing.
- 34" inseam.
- Wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Made in the USA.